Hello! I wanted to give you guys a little update and let you know know what’s been happening in my life over the past 6 months or so! I feel like so many new and exciting life changes have happened and I wanted to share them with you guys since I haven’t properly sat down and actually written a blog post in such a long time. I feel like this is way overdue!!
- The most important life change… I’m ENGAGED!!💍👰🏼💒 I still cannot believe it. Mike proposed to me back in Septemeber and I was completely surprised!! I literally had no idea it was coming, which made the whole engagement that much more exciting. I still can’t believe I get to marry the ABSOLUTE best person. I cannot wait to call Mike my husband and just thinking about our future together makes me so happy, I could cry (happy tears, of course).
- Speaking of Mike, he started a new job a few months ago and I couldn’t be happier for him! This is a new chapter in his career and a very exciting time for both of us!
- Mike and I keep going back and forth on whether we want to move. We’ve lived in our current apartment for almost 3 and 1/2 years and although we are so lucky to live in a place that has a washer/dryer, 2 bedrooms, and 2 parking spots, I think we’ve outgrown our apartment and want a change! The only dilemma we’ve been having is if it makes sense to move now or wait a year till I have a job so we can move into a bigger, nicer spot. Ugh, decisions decisions!
- I’m turning 27 on Saturday and I officially feel old AF. Ever since I was little, I’ve always dreaded the idea of getting older. I can remember turning 12 years old and just crying on my birthday because I hated the fact that I was getting older. It’s the strangest thing and I can’t explain it but for some reason, I just hate it. But I’m trying to stay positive and remind myself that the next few years of my life are going to be some of the best times, so I need to enjoy this whole aging process.
- I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned this on my blog already, but I started grad school last January. I’m getting my Masters in Occupational Therapy and I feel so fortunate to have the opportunity to be able to pursue my dream career. It’s taken me a few years since graduating college to get to this point, but it’s been so worth it. I’m currently in my last term of academics before starting 6 months of fieldwork. If anyone is thinking about going back to school or pursuing a new career path, do it! If it’s something you are truly passionate about, chase after your dreams.
- While we’re on the topic of fieldwork, there’s a good chance I might have to move to a different state to complete one of my fieldwork rotations. Wish me luck!! More details to come… 😳
- I won a free engagement photo shoot from an Instagram giveaway last week! Basically, long story short, my sisters wedding photographer (@leahmariephotography) was doing a giveaway on her Instagram and I decided to enter. I feel like the chances of ever winning those giveaways are always very slim so I did not expect anything to come from it. But to my surprise, my name was drawn and I actually won the giveaway! I can’t believe it. I’m so so excited to have our engagement pictures taken by her. I feel so lucky.
- Mike and I finally decided on our wedding venue/date!! We have about a year and 3 months till we say “I do” but it’s still very exciting. We wanted to wait to get married until after I graduate, take my board exam, and hopefully start my career. Since there’s no rush, we wanted to take this time to just enjoy being engaged and enjoy planning our wedding. And I will say, I’ve been loving every minute being engaged. It’s the best! ❤️
Thanks so much for reading and catching up with everything that’s been going on in my life recently!